U.S. WWII 66th Infantry Division Shoulder Patch – Black Panther
Hassle Free Returns
No questions asked, 30 days return policy.
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
New Made Item: Top Quality Embroidery! Hand embroidered with metal thread and a glued-on cloth backing. The 66th Infantry Division was a unit of the United States Army in World War II. It was activated 15 April 1943 at Camp Blanding, Florida. Later it transferred to Camp Robinson, Arkansas where it continued to receive troops and conducted field training. The division’s final training post for shipping overseas to Europe Theater of Operations (ETO) was Camp Rucker, Alabama.
WWII Combat Chronicle:
The three regiments of the 66th Infantry Division arrived in England on 26 November 1944 and the remainder of the division on 12 December 1944, training until 24 December 1944 when the Division crossed the English Channel to Cherbourg on two Belgian steamships, the Chesire and the Leopoldville. A German torpedo ripped into the transport Leopoldville just five miles from its destination of Cherbourg, and 14 officers and 748 enlisted men were lost.
Attached to the 12th Army Group and designated the 12th Army Group Coastal Sector, with operational control of all French forces in the area, the 66th relieved the 94th Infantry Division in the Brittany-Loire area on 29 December 1944. Its mission of containing the enemy in the St. Nazaire and Lorient pockets was carried out by daily reconnaissance patrols, limited…