U.S. WWII 507th Parachute Infantry Regiment Shoulder Patch – Raff’s Ruffians
Hassle Free Returns
No questions asked, 30 days return policy.
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
New Made Item: Top quality embroidery. During World War II, the 507th Parachute Infantry Regiment (507th PIR) was a regiment of the 82nd Airborne Division and, later, 17th Airborne Division of the United States Army.
3 7/8″ round
The regiment was initially formed at Camp Toccoa, Georgia on 20 July 1942. It would participate in three operations during the war: D-Day, the Battle of the Bulge and Operation Varsity.
As part of the 2nd Airborne Infantry Brigade, the 507th was assigned to the 82d Airborne Division to replace the 504th Parachute Infantry regiment that had suffered many casualties in Italy. After arriving in Britain, their D-Day objective was to help secure the Merderet River crossings. Although their target was supposed to be in Drop Zone T, north of Amfreville, the confusion caused by clouds and flak resulted in a wide scattering of the unit. Colonel George V. Millett Jr., the initial commander of the regiment, was captured in Amfreville a few days after being deployed. Colonel Edson Raff, who had recently led the 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment, then took command of the regiment. The 507th later became known as Raff’s Ruffians. After returning to England, the 507th was permanently assigned to the 17th Airborne Division, because another of the 82d’s regiments, the 504th, had returned by then from…