U.S. WWII 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment Shoulder Patch – Devils in Baggy Pants
Hassle Free Returns
No questions asked, 30 days return policy.
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
New Made Item: Top quality embroidery. The 504th Infantry Regiment, originally the 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment (504th PIR), is an airborne infantry regiment in the United States Army, first formed in 1942 during World War II as part of the 82nd Airborne Division. A parent regiment under the U.S. Army Regimental System, two battalions from the regiment, 1st Battalion (1-504 PIR) and 2nd Battalion (2-504 PIR), are currently active, both assigned to the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.
504th Parachute Infantry Regiment in World War II:
The regiment moved from Fort Benning to Fort Bragg on 30 September 1942 to finish its training, fill its Table of Organization and Equipment, and prepare for its Staging Call. When the call came, it Staged at Camp Edwards on 18 April 1943, and it made its Port Call on 10 May 1943, when it departed the New York Port of Embarkation.
On 29 April 1943, the 504th boarded the troop ship USS George Washington which steamed to North Africa and the regiment’s first overseas port of call, Casablanca. Upon arrival on 10 May 1943, the troops marnd eight miles south of the city where they established a cantonment area consisting of a few stone huts and a tent city. Soon, the regiment was moved by “40 and 8’s” northward to Oujda, Morocco. The “40 and 8’s”…