U.S. WWI 50th Aero Squadron Biplane Fuselage Art
Hassle Free Returns
No questions asked, 30 days return policy.
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
New Made Item: Beautiful hand painted Great War biplane Fuselage canvas panel painted and antiqued in 1992 by the late artist John Schumick, a WWII veteran from Columbus Ohio. The art features the insignia for the 50th Aero Squadron. The canvas measures 33.5″ X 30″ and is offered in excellent condition. It is signed on the reverse side by John Schumick and dated 1992.
The 50th Aero Squadron was first organized as the 50th Aero Squadron with 149 men at Kelly Field No. 1, Texas, on 6 August 1917. Moved to Kelly Field No. 2 on 12 September and designated as a school squadron, personnel entering training for engine mechanics and performed field garrison duties. Was moved back to Field No. 1 on 17 November and was designated a service squadron, being equipped with Curtiss JN-4 aircraft and pilots, and entered training for combat service in France.
On 20 December 1917, the 50th transferred from Kelly Field and ordered for overseas duty. It moved to the Aviation Prison Center, Camp Mills, Garden City, New York and arrived on 3 January 1918. Departed from the United States on transport No. 508 (RMS Carmania on 9 January, arriving Liverpool, England on 24 January. Once in England, the 50th was moved to RFC Harlaxton, Lincolnshire and began advance training prior to being…